Recipe from www.theveganrecipeblog.com
Add a little spice to your burgers by topping them with this delicious peri peri pulled jackfruit. With only a 15 minute cook time, this easy addition will take your food to the next level...
Don't forget to come in store and grab your jackfruit from us, today!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: ~10-15 minutes
Yields: 2 servings
Storage: Sealed container in the fridge
- 280g canned jackfruit (drained)
- Peri Peri sauce (see below for ingredients) or ready-made peri peri seasoning – amount dependant on how spicy you’d like it
Peri Peri Sauce:
This will make more than 2 servings – but you can store in the fridge for another time. For future use: be sure to cook it for about 10 minutes with whatever you want (e.g. jackfruit, quorn chicken etc.) on a medium hob heat.
- 1 red onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 fresh chillies – stems removed (add or remove from this depending how spicy you like it)
- 2 ripe tomatoes (remove skins then chop)
- 40ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Blend all the peri peri sauce ingredients until a paste forms, then set it to one side
- ‘Pull’ the jackfruit apart with either your clean hands or a fork
- Heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan, then add in the jackfruit and fry on a medium heat for about 4 minutes (make sure you keep stirring throughout this recipe)
- Then, add your desired amount of peri peri sauce or seasoning, then fry for a further 10-15 minutes (I left mine a little longer so it would crisp up)
- Serve and enjoy!